Thursday, August 7, 2008

Two Grandmas -- Not Enough Time

Carol, Olivia, and Ann


Carol and Ann with grandfishes! Swimming at the Tanglewood Pool.


Olivia, Chandler, and Davis had an unexpected visit today from Grandma Ann. My mom, Ann, is helping Jessica with her newborn, Jack, in Utah. It just so happened that Ann was visiting her sister, Jean, in Layton when the kids were at Dave and Carol's house. Jean lives only a few houses down from the Parkins. How fun for the kids to see both grandmothers together!

Sadly, I never met my Grandma Elizabeth Simmons who died 3 months before I was born. My Grandma Mary Chandler lived in Gridley, California and visited often. She passed away almost 20 years ago. I hope my children know how blessed they are to know both of their grandmothers.

No comments: