Thursday, August 21, 2008

Perspective

Last night I had a nightmare about work. For about 20 minutes this morning I debated whether I should take a "mental health day" or suck it up and go. In the end, I dragged myself out of bed and off to work I went. As I was driving on HWY 168 I saw papers and other debris flying around and a man chasing after pink invoices. My heart sank for this stranger. I even thought about pulling over to help him gather his paperwork because it was blowing every which way and I'm sure they were important invoices. At that moment my mental vision focussed and I thought, "You know, I could be chasing down papers on a busy freeway. Go to work and be happy." I thought about this man all morning and I told myself that no matter how disappointing I may think things are at work, at least my paperwork isn't blowing to Eygpt. It's all about perspective.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

There you go! Way to be positive!

Morrigu said...

work is nightmare enough, no need to dream about it. If I had a dream about work, it would be that work was a happy place... But even that would be scary. I need to escape to the smallest moon of the planet Ni-Krap.