Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fun At Work


I could not survive my job without my good friend, Marty Martucci. Don't get me wrong -- I love my job. I love teaching, I love my students, and I love the teachers. However, there has been a lot of unhappiness and discouragement this year and some days I just want to give-up. Marty keeps it real and keeps it alive. Here are just a few reasons why I love Marty.

1. Fart machines strategically placed on campus. Even I was the "butt" of this joke. I now own a fart machine and it's a huge hit with my boys.

2. An Annoy-A-Tron hidden in a picture frame on his desk. It's a device that sets off beeps throughout the day. Check out http://www.thinkgeek.com/ to purchase yours.



3. T-shirts worn to staff development. These include: "I'm only pretending to listen" or "May be lying" as well as "It rubs the lotion or it gets the hose."

4. I-phone pictures. He loves to take pictures of our Admin doing "Not-So-Admin-Things." These are top-secret pictures and I giggle everytime I see them. The picture above was taken today while we were in a staff mtg. We sat in the back with Wendy and took pictures. It was such a boring meeting. Marty even took pictures of the people in front of us -- well, the butts of the people in front of us. Again, top-secret pictures! This is a picture of Demitri, our Educational Director, texting during a staff mtg. Look at the sleeping teachers in the background.


5. The toesie socks. I have never met a man that wears toe socks proudly. As a gift for Valentines Day, Marty bought me two pairs.

6. He sneaks out to buy me pretzels, Diet Cokes, lemondrops, Quiznos -- 'cuz I check his files.

7. Stories from his amazing life as a funeral home director or sailor in the NAVY (He reminds us at school that N.A.V.Y. is an acronym for "Never Again Volunteer Yourself.")

8. Dressing up as a CrescentView Super Hero for Halloween. He even wore revealing tights and cape!

9. Notes that randomly print from my desk printer to cheer me up. His computer is linked to my printer and just when it's super quiet at my desk, my psycho printer turns on!

10. He still smiles even though he has been moved to a new campus. Marty the Martyr.

2 comments:

Morrigu said...

I am so flattered. It is because of you and your folder checking ability that I am still employed. There were days that I didn't want to go work, when I use to work at the view, but I went in because I knew you would make the day fun. You are a jewel.

Rachel said...

sounds like a fungi! :) hahahaha I remember having fun like that at my data entry job..maybe that's why i lasted soo long there.