Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday's Missionary Moment

Today my good friend, Tim Bezzerides, asked me how he can receive help with his family history. He casually walked over to my desk, sat in the student chair, and said, "Hey, your church is big on ancestors, right?" I told him about the church website and family history centers. I taught him that family history is an integral part of the Mormon religion. Tim said he felt inspired to research his family line and wanted help from the L.D.S. church. I told him that I would go with him to a family history center and we tentatively set a date for this week. He wanted to know what to bring. We talked about pedigree charts, books, my mom and her quest to commune with the dead, and President Ezra Taft Benson (Tim says he's related to President Benson somehow). Wow! What an amazing missionary moment! I felt the spirit at my desk today.

3 comments:

hawkins said...

Thats great Rebecca!!

The Clevelands said...

It's great to see that you have a blog. If you don't mind I will add you to my list of friends. We will see you Sunday.

Angie Cleveland said...

That last comment was left by me, Angie. I am Skylers bros. computer and I was logged in under their account. Sorry so confusing..