Saturday, August 9, 2008

Quick Visit with Kari

At the last minute we decided to drive to St. George, Utah, to meet Shawn, Vonnie, and the kids. It was easier for Jason's dad to drive straight home from Panguitch and Shawn and Vonnie wanted to attend a session at the St. George Temple. My good friend, Kari Kamnikar Snow, lives in St. George, and as luck would have it, she was home with her beautiful family. We were roommates at B.Y.U. and have stayed in touch since we graduated. Every few years Kari, Natalee Nielsen Mueller, and I meet up for a Girl's Weekend. From weddings to trips to San Diego and Mexico, we're always ready to go and re-connect. In February of this year we took a 3 night cruise to Baja, Mexico. We had fun talking, eating, ordering room service, laying out, talking, giggling, and just picking up where we left off five years ago. I miss these girls! Natalee and I met in first grade and it's hard to believe we've been friends for almost 30 years! Kari and I met in 1992 and I love her dearly. (She didn't want a picture taken today so I've included some fun photos from our cruise. She and I are alot alike -- absolutely no pictures when the hair isn't done!).



Rebecca, Kari, and Natalee. Somewhere in the Pacific.


Kari and me. February 2008

Kari, me, and Natalee waiting for the Vegas-style show on
the cruise. We played bingo while we waited -- of course, we lost,
but the money spent was well worth the giggles.

No comments: