Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Friendship Poem

I inherited from my mom a love for twisted, not-so-serious, belly-aching cards. I can spend hours in the card section at Target or SaveMart hunting for the perfect, silly birthday wish or thigh-slappin' friendship poem. None of that sissy, mushy stuff for me. I can't help it -- it's in my genes. I dedicate this poem to all of my friends, including my sisters, Rachel and Jessica.

When you are sad --I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!

When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

When you are scared -- we will high tail it out of here.

When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!

When you are confused -- I will use little words.

When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

When you fall -- First, I'll take a picture and then I'll pick you up and dust you off.

This is my oath --I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' Because you are my FRIEND!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Funny! Made me laugh hard!!

Rachel said...

Thanks Becky :) Glad we are able to keep in touch more with the blogs. I love reading yours and seeing the pictures of everyone! I can't believe how much your children have grown! And you just look gorgeous. I love you. Have a good week!