Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Reason I Stay

This is Carolina Sierra. She graduated from high school in June after two years in the independent study program offered by CrescentView; just shy of her 22nd birthday. I was fortunate to be her teacher. I learned more from this hard-working, committed student than I think she learned from me. Bumpy roads, family hurdles, and learning disabilities impeded Carolina's journey to her diploma, but she pushed her way through and succeeded. I'm so proud of her and I miss our weekly appointments. I wish her the best of luck as she embarks on a new adventure in the National Guard.




2 comments:

Nicole said...

Carolina a a sweetheart. You are a fantastic teacher!

Jessica said...

Your career is very rewarding. It's amazing to see people accomplish something worthwhile.