Thursday, October 9, 2008

Talking Sweet Potato Fries --I'm nuts

Max's Bistro and Bar is one of my favorite Fresno restaurants. After a pampering visit to Strands, I met Jason for an impromptu lunch date. We always order sweet potato fries. They are delicious! So, we eat the fries, share a yummy pecan-crusted chicken salad, and I look to the table at my left and there are sweet potatoes fries looking at me. Yes, LOOKING at me. I hear my name: "Rebecca . . . Rebecca . . . Rebecca, eat us. We're going to be thrown away." Shamefully, the customers hadn't even touched their delicious treasures and those beautiful orange sticks were begging me to rescue them. I was tempted, but couldn't do it. Afterall, I'm a refined woman -- just a little drugged right now. Is it time for a nap?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I love those fries - You have to go to California Wok - they have the same ones - but for half the price - I'm a sucker for a bargian =)

Grannie said...

You would absolutely go crazy over the kumara fries in New Zealand, becky!! They are the closest things to sweet potato fries ...
I am glad you did not steal those fries calling your name!! It would be hard to say "my daughter got picked up for stealing sweet potato fries"!!!

Jessica said...

Oh man, those Kumara fries are worth going to New Zealand for! They are to die for. They are a sweet potato but can't get them in the states. I don't even like sweet potatoes but these are so delicious! What's up with pototoes? Does Dorothy's dog, Toto, prefer potatoes or pototoes?

Julie said...

I've had them at Rumbi Grill.....yummmmmmy! So you're a little drugged? Are you gonna share?

Nicole said...

YES - I love Max's and those darned fries! Did you HAVE to post that on the very day I started Weight Watchers again?? Sheesh - thanks a LOT.

Michelle said...

I said we need to get together for cheesecake..but it sounds like the fries might be a calling...they were really saying "bring Michelle to me!"