Saturday, October 4, 2008

Soccer Has Started

Davis played in his first soccer game today. It was a drizzly, cold Saturday morning -- perfect, Oregon soccer weather. Wait! This is California. I was all smiles out on the field. The wet grass, the smell of rain, the long-sleeved shirts under uniform shirts, umbrellas, blankets draped across laps . . . memories of my soccer years in Oregon. Davis had a great time. Here he is pictured with his hero, Ethan. Ethan scored and scored and scored. I lost count! Davis thinks Ethan is a professional.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm not the only one?! Yesterday it rained here for about 2 seconds....the smell was wonderful! It took me back to Beaverton. I love it when that happens!

Jessica said...

Davis is so funny! Wish that I was!!! Oh man, it's totally been raining here. Quite a storm. It's been great! Makes me think of Beaverton too.

Nicole said...

Who knows - Ethan might actually BE a professional!

Soccer, here we go!