Friday, October 3, 2008

Flashback Friday: Dodger Mania

Jason is a true Dodger fan. He grew up 5 miles from Dodger Stadium and has converted his children (and wife, I suppose) to Dodger fans as well. The Dodgers are doing great right now and may possibly play in the World Series. Tonight Jason said that if the Dodgers make it to the World Series then he doesn't care how much it costs, he'll take the boys! Yikes!

I was reminded today of my first Dodger game with Jason in August 1995. His dad's client had season tickets behind home plate and gave Jason two tickets. I didn't understand what the big hype was about seats behind home plate! Hello! Pick up the cluephone! And, to top it off, I wouldn't eat a Dodger Dog (if you know me, I don't eat hot dogs.) It took Jason 12 years to take me to another game! In July 2007, Jason and I escaped for a weekend in Los Angeles and saw WICKED (for me) and a Dodger game (for Jason). Hey, we compromise around here!



2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hopefully you didn't die of boredom...ha ha. No I think baseball games are fun to watch in person! Plus when they yell for "snookums" it's cool cause it's really "snow cones".

Grannie said...

I love the picture of the bent tree, Becky! Can I copy it for my photo editing class???

Your message goes along with the YW theme for this year -- steadfast and immovable.

Love,
mom