Monday, January 19, 2009

A Look Inside


This morning I had an ultrasound and genetic counseling appointment at Valley Children's Hospital. How amazing it is to see through a big 'ol belly and into the womb! The ultrasound took over an hour and we saw it ALL! The genetic counselor, Cody, was cool and the nerdy scientist in me enjoyed listening to him explain chromosomes, DNA, non-disjunction, meiosis, etc. I think Jason tuned out the Bio lecture. I was all smiles when the technician said the baby is measuring at 12 weeks, 6 days which is 5 days ahead of my first due date. I think the baby is building some muscles from all the running he/she is doing. Yippee! Maybe I'll have this baby on lucky 07-08-09.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

HE/SHE looks SO cute! It's amazing technology can show us our little babies before they're here. Come on...tell us what you think you're having ; )

Jessica said...

Um....what the heck are we looking at? the face/head??

Rebecca said...

It's a picture of his/her head -- skull, nose, you can see the brain. Arms are at the side, body is visible, too

Michelle said...

All that detail... foramens, ventricals and we cant see what we all are dying to know...boy or girl!!!! no fair!

Nicole said...

I can tell it's the head! I am a PRO at deciphering ultrasounds - I had a MILLION of them when I was pregnant with my boys.

So - are you not finding out if its a boy or a girl? I am much too curious! I want to know!!

Maren said...

You are so good at keeping us all updated on everything. I really enjoyed the picture of my new niece/nephew!