Monday, January 12, 2009

Davis' Suggestion

More than Olivia and Chandler, Davis has been very curious about the pregnancy, babies, if I'm going to be cut open, if my tummy is bigger, if the baby is getting bigger, if the baby is making me sick, etc. It's a lot of fun being pregnant with older kids who talk and poke and ask innocent questions I'm not ready to answer. Davis surprised me today with a very heartfelt suggestion. "Mom, I think you should swallow a toy so the baby has something to play with." Although he doesn't quite understand, I was touched 'cuz here's my Davis thinking of something really nice for his younger brother or sister. And if you know Davis, that says alot!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

ha ha ha. I love Davis' thinking. He was so sweet with Jack and the most part with Charlotte. He's going to be a good big brother.

Grannie said...

That's cute! Make sure you swallow a toy for an infant so he/she can play with it!!!

Gwen Hawkins said...

That is really sweet. I am so excited for you Rebecca!

Nicole said...

Hahaha love it! Think of all the questions when the baby COMES. "Mom, what it that thing where the belly button is supposed to be?"

Morrigu said...

Remember, don't swallow a toy bigger than your head... maybe something small, like a hotwheel.