Monday, November 24, 2008

Blessed In Sedona

A year ago this week, our little family was staying in Sedona, Arizona. Red rocks, azure skies and breathtaking views surrounded us during a time of emotional and medical uncertainty.

I am thankful to have a beautiful girl! At times I miss her as a little child: Barbies, dress-up clothes, entertaining Cinderella skits, girly-girl Church dresses, pink sleeper jammies, and being home all day, following me around the house! She continues to amaze me and I cherish the time that I have with her.


I am thankful for my boys. I am thankful for the strong-willed personality of Davis. I know it will carry him through periods of trials and opposition. Davis has taught me so much in these 5 years including patience, unconditional love, and persistance for which I am truly thankful. I am thankful for his green eyes because they remind me of Jason. I am thankful for Chandler's kind words and his ability to make me smile without even trying. He has a kind heart and is a friend to all. I am thankful that we named Chandler after my family because I am reminded of my loved ones so far away.

I am thankful for Jason. He has endured a physically and emotionally challenging year and I am thankful that he hasn't given up on me or his Savior.

5 comments:

Jason said...

I love you Rebecca. I'm so thankful for you and our family!
Jason

Jessica said...

I love you too, Becky! I love your kids and I love Jason! I'm so thankful for all of them. I'm so thankful you're going to come to my house for Christmas. We are going to have a fabulous time : )

Grannie said...

Happy Turkey Day to the Parkinlots!!!

Angie Cleveland said...

Your little family is too cute! I am so glad that we are in your ward. Been running lately? I pulled a muscle in my back this week, so I haven't done much..or anything I should say!

Stacey said...

Gosh - It doesn't seem like another year has passed - Wasn't it just yesterday that Olivia was wanting to play at 7 am in her jammies - or that Tanner was telling her "Fly tinkerbell you can do it!!" as he was encouraging her to jump off the top bunk =) Man time flies. Happy Thanksgiving!