Sunday, November 16, 2008

An Artsy Weekend

Jason and I decided to do something slightly different with the kids this weekend. We introduced our children to the Fresno Metropolitan Museum Saturday morning and later took them to see Clovis West's production of Annie. Yeah for us!

At the Met's re-grand opening, we enjoyed an entertaining puppet show, children's activity center, ginormous feathered dinosaurs (and they were U-G-L-Y), peacocks, crafts, endless flights of stairs in a flourescent green stairwell, masked creatures running loose, and smiles by all. The young family scientist, Chandler, was in HEAVEN. I whispered to Jason about an hour into the tour, "he hasn't stopped talking!" I enjoyed reading about Archaeopteryx, my feathered friend from a BYU ornithology course, and took my time walking through the exhibit while Jason chased the boys around (hee, hee, what a nice wife).

Who are these masked creatures?

Saturday evening we took the kids to see one of my favorite stories of all time: Annie. Olivia and I saw a traveling production of Annie this past May and I was excited to hear that it was being performed at the Mercedes Edward's Theater in Clovis. Our friends, the Barberichs and Kelloggs, met us there with their children and everyone enjoyed the show and yummy Coldstone icecream for dessert. I loved, LOVED, the actress that played Ms. Hannigan -- she was absolutely amazing and my favorite performer. (And I loved, LOVED, my chocolate peanut butter perfection treat.)

I'm so thankful that I can share the Arts with my children and friends. I'm especially thankful for the creativity of others and talented artists, actors, and performers everywhere.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fun!

Jessica said...

wow, that's a cool day! lucky kids. I love that picture of chandler and davis! so cute!! glad you had a good family day.