Monday, March 16, 2009

Sweets for Shawn

Oh, to be in Kindergarten again! Davis has been learning about Ireland, St. Patrick's Day, and Shawn, the Leprechaun. Shawn has been taunting Davis' class for a week -- leaving footprints, eating treats, writing notes, and leaving his little green pants on the playground. In hopes of keeping the peace with the pesty Leprechaun, Davis and Chandler each wrote Shawn notes and taped them to the bottom of our front door. They have been there for days! Tonight we decided to bake and decorate cookies for Shawn to keep him happy. (Nothing fancy with our cookies -- some gummy worms, green and yellow sparkly frosting, sprinkles, and we just slap it on! Davis tried to add some gold to his cookies . . . .)








3 comments:

Jessica said...

those are fancy to me!! They look really good. Too bad I'm on a stupid diet. Stupid diet. Sheesh. OH well, eat some for me : ) I love Davis' note to Shawn: "I love you very very very much" ha ha ha ha. I cracked up at that one. Fun for you guys!!! I think all we'll do is watch So I married an Axe Murderer. ha ha. we had a school party for Charlotte and we're all wearing green. I think once she's older it will get more and more fun

Gwen Hawkins said...

Those look yummy to me! What a good mom you are. I didn't do anything special for St Pattys day. oh well. lol

Nicole said...

Cute cookies! I'm with Gwen - I am a slacker with St. Patrick's Day. All I do is make sure my kids wear green!