Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Wicked Time in San Francisco

It was a beautiful, sunny, smiley day in the City by the Bay. Nicole and I were fortunate to travel with Crescent View Charter High School elective classes (about 20 students and 7 adults) to San Francisco to see a matinee performance of Wicked. Nicole is the choir director and I am her accompanist, as well as science teacher at the school. We saw Wicked in Hollywood with our husbands about 1 1/2 years ago and I have been itching to see it again. Three students canceled at the last minute so I was able to take Olivia, her friend, Ryann, and Danielle, a friend's daughter. The show was just as fabulous in San Francisco as it was in Hollywood -- and I can't wait to see it again. Maybe Broadway?



Nicole wore a green scarf -- perfect for the Emerald City.

Checking out the Bay at Pier 39. We ate lunch at Hard Rock Cafe.

I was so excited to see the Wicked banner.
Goofin' off on the charter bus after the performance. Long ride home!


This mysterious, yet cute creature followed me all over San Francisco. Feeling sorry for the homeless manimal, Olivia asked if we could bring him home. I didn't mind the the weird noises but the hot breath down my neck was something else. I shared my donut holes and fish-n-chips 'cuz he looked like he hadn't eaten a hearty meal in weeks. I accidently left him caged at school for a long four day weekend. I'm gonna miss him over the weekend -- hope someone feeds him and lets him out of the cage for a few hours.

5 comments:

Morrigu said...

Be careful of things that follow you home... they could be... naughty. ha ha ha ha ha

Jill said...

What fun! I loved that show, and there is something about seeing it with the girls!

Jessica said...

Naughty indeed...ha ha ha. You look beautiful, Becky. I miss you guys. Hope you're having fun. Tell Olivia especially hello (well, when you get back!)

Nicole said...

Ha ha - love the photo of you and the manimal!

Grannie said...

Wow... that is a very scary looking creature!! I hope you put him in his cage and threw away the key!!!