Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Weekend in Oregon

Chandler and I snuck away and spent the weekend in the beautiful, green, and nothing-quite-compares Portland, Oregon. We left on Friday and returned on Monday -- too short! Chandler loved playing with his cousins, following Grandpa Chandler around the house and to work sites, and working with Grandma on a "Save the Pandas" project. He absolutely loved the trees and even built a tree fort. Chandler was overheard telling Cade, his cousin, how lucky he was to live in Oregon. Admittedly, I had the same thought while I was there! I enjoyed time with my family, and had a wonderful, over-due visit with my dear friend, Jessica.

Hiding in Grandpa's tree. He DID NOT want to come out to take the picture.

Cousins: Cade, Chandler, Cole. Cade and Chandler are only a day apart.

Me and Mike

Me and my Jessica. This was a 15 year reunion -- too long! I miss her. We were good friends at BHS and it was so good to reconnect. We met at Red Robin because that is our old stomping ground (mudd pie and guys). We talked and talked and talked. I loved hearing about the 10 year high school reunion that I chose not to attend. I can't wait to see you again, Jess.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm jealous!!! Chandler is such a kick in the pants. Glad you had a great time.

Unknown said...

I am touched that I was featured as part of your Oregon trip! It was so good to see you and to catch up. You are just as beautiful and sweet as you were in HS. I know for certain that it will not take another 15 years for us to get together again!