Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

Hooray for the first day of school 2009! We had a wonderful summer of Arts and Sports camp, swimming, diving, Dodger games, science camp, friends, and most importantly, the arrival of Hayes. However, we were all ready for August 24th -- Back to School.

Chandler and Davis woke up at about 5:30 and helped each other dress, eat breakfast, and pack their backpacks. They decided to wear their Dry Creek t-shirts to school.

First day of school tradition -- the slide picture.


My 5th grader.
My 3rd grader.

Davis -- my 1st grader. I choked up when I left him. Davis was unsure about going into 1st grade as a 5 year old. He said he was too young and should be 6 to be in first grade. It made me emotional. He has grown up so much this summer.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Olivia is in the 5th grade!??? I remember when she was going to KINDERGARTEN! And I bet it's really nice to have them gone all day and then you can have time just with Hayes, etc. But wow! They're growing up. You look really good, Becky! And I LOVE Hayes' look with the picture of Chandler...ha ha. Awesome.

The Chandler Family said...

I can't believe we have fifth graders! They look great and excited. How nice to have all that time with Hayes!

Maren said...

Cute pictures! We should have invited you up for Grace's b-day...I just figured that would be a lot to ask since you just had Hayes and it was probably your last weekend before school started as well. I just didn't want you to feel obligated. I'm so sorry...next time I definitely will let you know! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!