Saturday, August 8, 2009

All Is Well

I took this pic while Hayes was sleeping in his crib. I like his scrunched up face. And you can see all of his hair. He has the most hair of any of my babies.


Olivia with her new buddy. The first week . . . look at his double chin!

At the hospital around 11 pm. Fresh from Heaven.

All is well in the Parkin home. We're still adjusting to our little guy . . . mostly the lack of sleep, but we've had more restful nights than sleepless nights, so I can't complain. Hayes is now 13 days old today and it's such a blessing having a newborn in the house. We just love him so much. He had a check-up with Doctor Jones yesterday. Weighing in at an impressive 9.4 lbs, Hayes has mastered the skill of nursing and Doc was thrilled with his weight gain.

Olivia is attached to the little guy and will take him from my arms as soon as she wakes up. Davis has suprised us the most with his gentleness and concern for Hayes; there IS a soft side to my Davis. Chandler is a little uneasy when it comes to holding Hayes but always manages to give a kiss and hug. I know it sounds cliche, but . . . it's hard to imagine our lives without Hayes -- we feel so complete.

2 comments:

Gwen Hawkins said...

I'm so happy for you. How wonderful it will be to have a little helper like Olivia. I laugh when you talk about Davis. We think that about Morgan a lot. It's nice when we get to see the soft side come out.

Jessica said...

He's SO BEAUTIFUL! Wish I could give him cuddles. I saw this last night on my phone but my stupid phone won't let me make comments. But Olivia looks so cute with him! We're so blessed he's come to our family. Well, as a whole. ha ha. I'm not crazy...