Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Piano Recital

Olivia and Chandler had their piano recital this evening. My heart melted with joy as I watched them perform FLAWLESSLY! Chandler was so nervous -- it was his first recital and he looked like he was going to vomit. Olivia was relaxed and excited. I taught Olivia for about two years and Chandler for about 30 long minutes. This year Jason and I decided to think outside the Parkin Piano Box and hire a teacher. I still work with the kids during the week -- usually from the kitchen or my room when I hear them struggling for the right note. Music brings a beautiful spirit into the home and I hope that my children will continue to find joy and happiness in playing the piano.





4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay! Good for them! Zack's is coming up on the 21st.

Thinking about you and LOVE you, my friend!

Rachel said...

i love the grand :) and i can't believe how grown up they are. I like Olivia's hair, its cute :) what a handsome boy chandler is!

Jessica said...

Did you record it? I would love to hear them play...oh wait! tell them they have to play at my house when you come NEXT WEEK!!!! Yeah!!!! I'm so excited : ) They look so cute. I love Chandler's face and Olivia is so adorable. I love her shoes too!

Grannie said...

They are growing up way tooooo fast!! What songs did they play??