Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We had a mellow, relaxing, and sunny 4th of July. We spent the day hanging out as family -- swimming and eating snowcones; it was perfect. I didn't feel like having people over (gee, is it because I'm 9 months preggie? I can barely walk). When the sun went down, the troops marched on over to the neighbors and we celebrated with fireworks. Chandler was a bit uneasy about all of the illegal fireworks being launched across the street and dry ice bombs that were nearby (not us, of course). Can't say I like dry ice bombs, either. It was a little out-of-control this year in The Hood, but we had a great time watching the sky light up and hangin' with friends.



2 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad you had a good fourth of July! I bet it's nice just sitting in your driveway just to watch people light fireworks! Did you get the package yet? did you peek??

Grannie said...

Hi. Looks like it was a fun 4th.
Did Chandler's birthday pkg. get there? I hope so!