Monday, July 14, 2008

Ambulance Ride

Check this one off my list of things I've never done: ride in an ambulance as a patient. Early Sunday morning, July 13th, I awoke to excruciating pain. It was barely 2 am and the pain was unbearable and intensifying. Worse than labor pains. I was screaming and moaning and curled in a ball on the bedroom floor. Jason felt helpless and called 911. He had never seen me in so much pain. Three firemen and 2 EMT's arrived and I was quickly taken to Clovis Community Hospital. Jason stayed behind with the kids until my friend, Sue Ashcraft, arrived to watch them. It was 3:30 am!

The good thing about arriving to the ER in an ambulance is that I was given a bed to sleep in until a doctor became available. I was bleeding and in pain but the painkillers soon took effect and I was able to relax. Diagnosis: ruptured ovarian cyst. I was discharged and soon found the comfort of my bed. I slept until 3:30 pm. My dear friends, Barbara and Sue, helped with the children, meals, and comforted me at my bed. I consider them family and so blessed for their friendships and love.

The pain has subsided but I'm running a fever and I feel like an elephant sat on my stomach. I have an appointment with my GYN/OB on Wednesday morning and this is probably the only time I've ever looked forward to visiting my GYN. Hopefully the worst is over and I can resume my busy life soon. It's hard to stay put!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

oh no!! i feel for you that you had to experience that. How awful!

Jessica said...

Holy Crap Becky. I am glad you are okay now. That is absolutely scary and I'm so glad that you are healing! I love you!